
While I was there I photographed the moschatel with my new macro lens and saw some lords and ladies that had yellow stripes on the leaves instead of black spots! Probably a garden escape.
Then went to Boilton Woods near Brockholes Quarry, there were a few bluebells out and lots of wood anemone and there was a very early wood sorrel in flower.

There was also dog's mercury in flower and I found a mushroom that I am not sure what it is:

We found some violets. We thought they were wood dog violets at first, but then I identified them as early dog violets because of the dark spur on the back of the flower. The spur is pale on wood and common dog violets.
We then went back to the car and next to the road, over a fence was a big patch of cowslips.
We then went to the ponds and woods near my house. The Canada Goose was resting.
After going through the woods, we walked around and found a periwinkle and another violet that has obviously escaped from a garden - notice the reddish leaves.


1 comment:
The last photo of the violet - could be Marsh Violet - Viola palustris. The leaves are kidney shaped on it.
Post a Comment