Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Geocaching Tuesday Again

I did some more geocaching today, I biked up to Bamber Bridge to sort out a few there. I was surprised to find this wood anemone in a small hedge next to the A6. This is the Leyland Trucks cache,
I wondered what this was and will send it in for ID. My first thought was a weirdo spanish bluebell.

This is a small woodland just off Hennel Lane in Walton.
Just to the right of the big ugly faced person, you'll see a small black blob. That was the size of the small magnetic nano cache.
The nano was on this old style.

I did a full talk for the Preston Society last night about flowers and fungi etc. And this is what was said:
"
The talk given by Junior Member Jack Hewitt on Monday 16th March was a huge success, both for the Society and for Jack. Jack spoke confidently about his encounters with the flora and fungi in his native Lancashire, with a look at sites on his doorstep in Leyland, to sites such as Gaitbarrows, Little Hawes Water, Humphrey Head, Ainsdale Dunes, and many others.
**
The digital photographs that he used were all his own work, and included species that many of the older folk will never even have encountered. All in all, Jack did himself a lot of credit, and was rewarded with Simon and Ann Harrop's definitive book on Orchids of Britain, which he seemed suitably pleased with. Thanks Jack, and well done."

No comments: