I went to Worden and Hall Lane Woods today. The meadow saxifrage was in flower and my new camera captured the colour well.
I think this is an aberration. Meadow Saxifrage shouldn't have 6 petals
.JPG)
The black blisters on the leaves of the winter aconite are Uromyces eranthidis. This is an eastern fungus which is quite rare. This is possibly the first record for Lancs
The black blisters on the leaves of the winter aconite are Uromyces eranthidis. This is an eastern fungus which is quite rare. This is possibly the first record for Lancs

2 comments:
What camera you using now, Jack? Have to say you were getting pretty spectacular shots with your last one so if this one is a better model I'm really looking forward to seeing your shots.
Best wishes and sorry I wasn't able to get to your talk at the Preston Soc a few weeks ago - I was hoping to be able to make it. Heard you went down a storm - well done!
Hi Jack,
Some great observations here - you see some really interesting plants. Lovely lighting for the pignut. I also like your pics taken in rain.
Thanks for your comment on my Birdsfoot Trefoil at WAB, btw.
Rob
Post a Comment