Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Woods

Today I took the dog for a walk to the woods because there was a break in the rain. This is lady fern. I'm not sure if its been planted but its quite likely. Rhododendron is in flower.
This was pointed out to me on WAB. This is a fungal parasite on a bluebell called Uromyces muscari


I'm not sure whats wrong with this nettle but it could be a mineral deficiency

This is another fungal parasite on a Poplar leaf called Melampsora, The small orange blobs develop into a fungus.

Woodruff was in flower.
The Lords and Ladies is starting to go over and these small ones were all that was left.
I think these are the flowers of Wych Elm


1 comment:

norma said...

Love checking out your blog and looking at your photos. And you are a geocacher too! Keep up the good work.