Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Me and the Preston Society went to White Coppice today. This is the reservoir near Watermans Cottage. This is water forgetmenot. It was growing next to a stream.
Heath Bedstraw - This was everywhere!
Foxglove
The rhododendrons covered the hillside. All I could see was a swathe of pink on the hills!
There was this meadow at the bottom of a hill next to the reservoir. I was just scanning the meadow for white campion and I jumped when I saw this and yelled "orchid!" This was the only spike there surprisingly. It is strange how there were 40+ spikes of this on a piece of land on an industrial estate in Farington, but there is the only one here out in the wilderness!
Umbellate Hawkweed.
This is dusky cranesbill. I like this plant.

Meadow Cranesbill.
This is shining cranesbill, very similar to herb robert.
This is marsh stitchwort
Marsh Pennywort not in flower yet. Doesnt matter though because the flower is always hard to see anyway.




No comments: