Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Cuerden 30/6

Tonight I went with the Preston Society on a walk to Kem Mill in Cuerden. There were lots of meadow browns about. Redshank was out.
Meadowsweet is finally in flower. It is flowering quite late this year as I had it out last year on the 4th of June.

Ladies Bedstraw
Lesser Burdock.
I found a patch of broad leaved helleborine but they werent in flower.
This is a photo to remind me where the helleborines are because I'm bound to forget.
Marsh woundwort is out .
Marsh Yellowcress.
A guy in the club spotted this bee orchid that has eluded me for ages. I have been looking for a bee orchid on Cuerden for about 2 months now.

There were lots of robust hybrids of common spotted and southern marsh orchids.
Dotted loosestrife,
While on the walk we saw the elusive Cuerden Kingfisher which I have never seen. I saw a little grebe as well



1 comment:

Lancashire and Lakeland Outback Adventure Wildlife Safaris said...

Great blog - well done for going out with the Preston Society a brilliant club for learning about our local and not so local wildlife. smashing photos.
You wouldn't believe howw many times you can mention an animal/bird/etc and lo and behold one turns up within a matter of minutes...spooky but true.

Best wishes

Dave

PS I've linked you to my blog cos your pictures are better than mine!